Best Friends Sleepover: All of Gilbert’s best friends will be at the slumber party, but Gilbert worries that he won’t be able to go to sleep unless his mother tucks him in and sings him his favorite song. Gilbert’s friends help him get through his first night away from home in Jacqueline Rogers’ humorous and heartwarming story about friendship. And her richly detailed watercolor paintings perfectly capture the spirit of four rambunctious little boys, who just happen to look like animals. Originally published by Scholastic Books.
About this App
PicPocket Books brings quality children’s picture book literature to digital media. Now, children can enjoy their favorites stories on-the-go, even when they do not have a physical book to read.
PicPocket Books offer a unique and new experience, combining the beauty of quality picture books with audio recordings and interactive visual text. This combination enables independent enjoyment for children regardless of reading level, subtle support for early readers, and nostalgic fun for adults.
Whether standing in a grocery line, taking a car trip, or waiting in a doctor’s office, PicPocket Books provide personal, interactive story experiences. The books can be downloaded with one click or tap, and provide educational and entertainment value to children and adults alike.
Your PicPocket Book is a perfect complement to regular story time with parents or grandparents, and a gentle alternative to flashy, fast-paced digital media time.
– High fidelity, full-color illustrations that stay true to the original print book.
– High quality audio recording.
– Highlighted text corresponds with audio – each word highlights as it is read to help new readers understand the connection between words and sounds – excellent for beginning readers or curious pre-readers.
– Play-pause to start and stop the story at any time.
– Fast-forward and fast-back to replay images and audio.
– Stories downloadable directly to your device, anytime, anywhere, on-the-go.
– Buy it once, play it as many times as you want.
– Patent-pending technology.
Requirements Compatible with iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.